Blessed Sacrament Reunion

Welcome...This blog site was created to provide a forum for Blessed Sacrament Alumni to reconnect and share memories. It's our hope that reliving the laughter and recalling the antics can bring us all back to a time when life was so much less complicated!

Monday, April 20, 2009

The Closing of Blessed Sacrament

Hello to all,

Little did we know last year while planning the reunion that Blessed Sacrament was barly hanging on.
When I went to the 60th Anniversary I felt that it was time for me to go back to mass. That's when I decided to go back home to a church that brought me comfort even though I live in Chesterton.

My first time was a humbleing moment. There may have been 50 people and the comment from the Priest was I wish that those that came to the Anniversary Mass would be here to fill the seats again.

April 19th 2009, 50 years to the day of ground breaking Blessed Sacrament closed it's door for the last time.

As I stood and watched the Bishop and Father Tellus say those dramatic words...

"THESE DOORS WILL BE LOCKED FOREVER AND SHALL NEVER BE OPENED AGAIN"

The silence was heart breaking.

Father Tellus put the key in the lock turned it and blessed the doors one final time.

I talked to Sister Collet before I left, her gental way always gave me a calming.

She said, Beth you did a wonderful thing by bringing your family back together, I saw the joy in everyones face and in many it brought faith back to light.

Think of the closing as a beginning of friendships that will never end and the memories that you all shared is your home.

It was great sharing that day with many and yes Chris and I agree that we should plan a picnic this summer. We'll let you know.

Keep in touch everyone so Blessed Sacrament will always live on.

Beth

11 Comments:

Blogger Murphala said...

I happened across this page only because my students had Googled me! I had no idea this had happened, and oh, I wish I had! It sounds like you all had a lot of fun at the reunion! I'm sad that BS is closing. I have so many fond memories of the time I spent there. If any of my old friends read this, please drop me a line! :-)

May 17, 2009 at 11:51 AM  
Blogger Beth said...

Hello April,
I'm sorry we were not able to contact you for the reunion but there is a plan for some activity this summer. Please contact us at
bsreunion@aol.com and we will keep you posted.

There is a DVD for sale of 20.00 if you are interested in seeing what went on and we also have a contact CD so you can get in touch with your class mates.

Keep in touch,
Beth Settle

May 19, 2009 at 9:49 AM  
Anonymous Anonymous said...

Wonderful post, really great tips and advice. I was interested by your comment,
Adelaide Flights
Cheap Flights to Christchurch

July 1, 2011 at 5:28 AM  
Blogger reginag said...

It will be remembered forever. Such a holy gathering.
gynecologist maricopa

November 21, 2011 at 9:54 PM  
Blogger Key said...

Please continue your posting
SEO Melbourne

March 23, 2012 at 7:01 AM  
Blogger qingblog said...

Microsoft outlook 2010 , outlook 2010 , Microsoft outlook 2010 download , Microsoft outlook 2010 , download Microsoft outlook 2010 , download outlook 2010 , Microsoft outlook 2010 , outlook 2010 , Microsoft outlook 2010 download , download Microsoft outlook 2010 , download outlook 2010 , Microsoft outlook 2010 , Microsoft outlook 2010 download , outlook 2010 , download Microsoft outlook 2010 , download outlook 2010 , Microsoft outlook 2010 , Microsoft outlook 2010 download , Microsoft outlook 2010 , Microsoft office 2007

April 26, 2012 at 3:56 AM  
Blogger visachris327 said...

Countless girls have discovered their private to purchasing the stylish designer line at expenses customers can carry when you purchase general timberland boots. Women understand a pleasure by owning these hottest fashions in a least of thecost. christian louboutin shoes Women who worship the modern styles ache to the clear defenses and smart originality of christian louboutin shoes. Tiffany sale always get people to feel so fresh each season,christian louboutin uk will make better use of the christian louboutin pigalle advantages to beautify wow gold shoes. Ladies couldn't will not accept might be found. Christian Louboutin also consider your opinions, you will find there's hidden part in the front to be able to make you feel much Christian Louboutin Mater Claude 85mm Black more comfortable, perhaps the heel appears like inches but you still can savor the amazing wearing feelings as a result of such small part. The only purpose left for individuals to complete is cause you to beautiful.

June 8, 2012 at 2:51 AM  
Blogger Jim said...

Meanwhile, the expense Office 2010 Download of file change difficulties plus person re-training is critical, specifically the location where the Them unit won't understand what its people are accomplishing.,In . Madelyn Dez bryant McIntire, supervisor in touch with Download Office 2010 Microsoft's Available Technical know-how Arranged, reported in the record. "We are generally pretty pleased to use a component to aid authorities organisations Microsoft Office 2010 get to people different ability.Ins Office 2010

June 18, 2012 at 9:08 PM  
Blogger Unknown said...

Thanks, seriously, I am very happy for you to select photos & use, along with words; I don't really think I can write word for you. I hope this is OK, like your blog.php training in ahmedabad

August 25, 2012 at 6:07 AM  
Blogger Aakash said...

Did you know Where To Buy Dermacol Products Online visit on Dermacol India Center

December 12, 2018 at 12:14 AM  
Blogger flypeace said said...

Dreaming of white sandy beaches, vibrant markets, and ancient temples? Look no further! Flypeace.co.uk is excited to present amazing deals on cheap flights to Thailand paired with affordable holiday packages, offering you the perfect opportunity to discover the Land of Smiles Immerse yourself in the rich culture and natural beauty of Thailand. Visit Flypeace.co.uk now

Holiday Packages Thailand

Flight to Thailand

May 11, 2024 at 1:33 AM  

Post a Comment

Subscribe to Post Comments [Atom]

<< Home